Monday, September 15, 2008

Cleaning Closet Caper part 2

Suspects

Here is the list of people who have been in closest proximity to the dustpan both times it disappeared:

Me

Bryan

Daphne

Sadie & Lulu

The Housekeeper (we'll call her Mrs. X)


Here are my thoughts on each potential suspect:

Me- I do have "mommy brain" these days and am very forgetful, but I feel in my gut that I had nothing to do with the disappearance.

Bryan- Both times he assured me that had not recently used the dustpan. I have no trouble believing this. He also has no motive for taking it.

Daphne- She is rolling over now, but is not mobile enough to get in the closet and hide the dustpan somewhere. She also has no motive.

Sadie and Lulu- Their lack of thumbs would make it hard for them to open the closet door and take the dustpan. They DO have a motive, though. When I drop food on the floor, I am usually too lazy to clean it up so I call them over and point out the crumbs so they will eat them. Any time I use the dustpan takes away their opportunity to "clean up". Hmmmmm.

Mrs. X- At this point she is my top suspect. She is the one who uses the dustpan most often. She also knows that (sadly) we don't use it much so we wouldn't be likely to notice if it went missing. I am not sure if she has a motive. Maybe she needed the dustpans to clean someone else's house? Maybe she didn't like either of our dustpans and thought that by taking them she would force us to buy new, better versions? Maybe she has a thing for dustpans? I am going to focus my investigation on her at this point.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Hmmm...yes, I would focus my search on the housekeeper. I agree: it is really hard to misplace a dustpan!

Love the blog! You crack me up. As for the unibrow, yes...pluck pluck pluck :) I had horrible bushy eyebrows in high school and I wish my mother would have plucked mine early on!!!

Love the backyard. Stella and I are coming over next time we're in town.